type='text/javascript'/>

As I journey into introspection..."When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are then challenged to change ourselves."

***THANK YOU FOR READING MY BLOG!***FOLLOW @NEVYDAMES ON TWITTER!***



Friday, September 6, 2013

Changing Faces

Location: Nassau, The Bahamas
Humans can be very exhusting.  My life over the past few years has gone through many phases.  Some brought on by the unexpected (life's little curve balls) - some by the expected (ie. the arrogance, darkness and cruelty of other people's hearts) - and some by my own stupidity (yes, I just said that).  With all the ups and downs in my life, I'm now at a point where I feel that I've been shaken (not stirred) to my core.  I'm very big on introspection and through adversity I always try my best to see the "Silver lining" or the "BIGGER PICTURE." lol. Neither of which is pretty sometimes!  Recently I realised, allot of the troubles I've seen could have been avoided had I just had the courage to let go of certain things/ people in my life early on.




Seems strange right?...The thought that you would need courage to 'give-up.'  Well you do.  Because when the things/ people that you've become accustomed to have run their way
effectively into the relm of uselessness and therefore out of your comfort zone, its not at all easy to let go.  Especially if you're like me and you're always thinking tricky thoughts like: 'everybody makes mistakes' or 'people have done worst' or (perhaps worst of all) 'I'm strong enough to deal with it.'  Sure those things are all true, but more importantly, they come with boundaries...very strict boundaries.  Boundaries that need to be set, clarified and not ever crossed into.  That's one very tough lesson that I had to learn.


So, a few days ago, I realised that even though emotionally (possibly mentally) I may be a bit 'lost in translation' right now, it's a hell of allot better than being caught up in other people's tangled webs.  And I'm cool with that.  I expect, that I will cause people around me to say 'you've changed, you're not the same anymore.'  But I'm cool with that too. I need some change in my life (preferably quarters-anything else hurts my head to count).  Now I think it's time for a make-over!  A spiritual, mental and emotional make-over!...............I'm Changing Faces!!!

No comments :