type='text/javascript'/>

As I journey into introspection..."When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are then challenged to change ourselves."

***THANK YOU FOR READING MY BLOG!***FOLLOW @NEVYDAMES ON TWITTER!***



Wednesday, December 31, 2014

LETTING GO OF 2014

A few weeks ago, I thought about this blog.  Earlier in the year I had promised myself that I would make it an annual thing.  But this past year was a bit rough and I found myself seriously wondering; ‘did I learn anything this year?’ There is always a lesson in life but sometimes we have to remember to stop and let it sink in…

This coming year, I anticipate some significant changes to take place not just in my life but also around my life.  I would be lying if I said that I was totally prepared.  In a way, it’s very scary knowing that things will change.  It’s scary not knowing how much more you can take.  But over the past few years I learned that the only real courage comes from facing our own fears.  That moment when you realize that things weren’t as scary as you imagined or that you weren’t as weak as you thought you would be, is priceless. 

I will also be taking these valuable lessons from 2014 to 2015:

1.  There is always a lesson in life, but sometimes we have to remember to stop and let it sink in. (Yes, I just said that.)

2.  Meditation is a journey.  It’s not something to do in my spare time. In 2014 I’ve learned that reflection is more powerful than imagination.  One of the most difficult meditation tasks that I’ve had is to reflect on myself within, and not through the eyes.  Life is better lived from the inside out than it is from the outside in.  My favorite quote for the year is;

“All that we are is the result of what we have thought.  The mind is everything. What we think, we become.” ~ Buddha

3.  There’s a reason why some say that patience is the greatest virtue that a man can possess!  It’s certainly not easy to achieve.  And in 2014, one thing that I’ve learnt very well is how to be IMPATIENT! Lol.  None the less, all things in time, and everything in its place.  Some things take longer to come but desire can never be fulfilled with impatience.  It’s very easy to lose ourselves in a moment.  On a more positive note; in seeking patience, I’ve learned to live with anger.  Yes, I said live with.  Anger is an emotion just as every other emotion that builds inside of us and moves with the changes around us.  Like love, we can choose to suppress it or dispel it, but it will always be there to grow again.  How we choose to dispel it is a more complex question of character.  Some flowers take longer to bloom.  And that’s perfectly acceptable.  The lesson is simply to keep moving forward.

4.  Accept all things as they are and not as you wish them to be.  All things - as I am - are forever changing.  I don’t hold myself in contempt for changing so I should not hold anyone else in contempt for changing.  We choose our own paths, and make our own destiny.  Love others, for their change.

5.  Friendship is the greatest illusion of humankind.  There have been a lot of ups and downs in 2014 surrounding this ‘friendship’ thing.  At some point I began to ask myself, “Does it even matter?”  No, it doesn’t.  People, for the most part, are all the same.  We all have good days and bad days. We all have things we like, things we love and things we simply don’t care for.  We all have ideals and some (hopefully most) of us have standards.  The thing that we do wrong with friendship is set expectations of other people.  Friendship, like love, should be unconditional. There will be days when people walk out of your life unexpectedly, but there are also days when people walk into your life unexpectedly.  If we’re all headed in the same direction, nothing says we have to take the same path to get there.  Even if we’re not headed in the same direction, nothing says we can’t walk a while together.  You want friends who make you feel good – your friends want friends who make them feel good.  The other person is not always the one who’s wrong, sometimes you are.  We can only control what we put out there, not anyone else.  The lesson; that’s life, deal with it.

6.  With respect to lesson #5:  ‘Haters’ is the second greatest illusion of humankind! Lol.  That’s life, deal with it!

7.  Don’t make excuses.  Recognize your wrong doing.  Acknowledge your wrong doing.  Apologize for your wrong doing.  Accept criticism for your wrong doing.  It makes you wiser.

8.  Don’t be ashamed to rise to someone else’s expectations…but never fall to them.  Pride is a savory virtue, there’s no harm in appeasing the positive visions of another person’s heart.  It makes you stronger.

9.  Bond with others.  Allow others to bond with you. Two minds are wiser than one…and two hearts are stronger than one.

10.  God is real.

As I continue, forward always, the journey is not always easy.  Some days I feel lost and confused.  Other days I look back and wonder what if I had chosen otherwise?  But each day, no matter how dark and weary it had been I remind myself to never give up on me.  Happiness is not a goal, it’s a result.  It is the result of doing what I know is best for me without expecting anything in return.  Positivity comes from within.  Not everyone will accept well what is positive in me.  People will always expect for other people to be a reflection of who they are.  But there remains a sacred empowerment in introspection that I’m simply not willing to let go of.

One circle is complete so another one can begin as we roll on into infinity. 

Love
Laugh
Share
Live

Cheers to 2015!




You may also like to read Letting Go of 2013
Follow @NevyDames on Twitter
Follow +NeavadaNevyDames on G+

No comments :